Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Target Practice

I wish I knew all the technical gun terms. This post would probably be much more interesting if I talked about scopes and 410s or what have you, but I don't.

So instead I'll just say, one day while we were in Louisian Fletcher shot some guns at a target made of shooting clays. It was one of the highlights of his trip. This and the fact that Uncle D let him really drive his tractor. I didn't get any video footage of the tractor driving. Maybe it was because I was running for cover as he backed up.

This is Fletcher shooting one of Uncle D's guns. It shot small bullets and didn't make alot of noise. How's that for details. Fletcher was very, very, very careful and meticulous before he took his shot (see video). I almost fell asleep filming it. I edited the video. Although it looked quick, it was a long time before he pulled the trigger.



This was the target after Fletcher shot the larger gun that made more noise and had more of a kick and longer bullets but no scope (see video). I hope my husband is not reading this because if he is, he is probably profoundly embarassed over my lack of gun lingo knowledge. Fletcher wanted to bring the bullet casings home, but we didn't have any checked bags to put them in and I definitely didn't want to get in trouble with airport security so Aunt Dee is mailing them to him.



Yes, we did have a few tears after he shot the second gun. I think the louder noise and the kick (or is it kick back?) scared Fletcher. He said he thought he knocked his nose off.

3 comments:

saintdee01 said...

TELL FLETCH TO BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR THE ORANGE ENVELOPE WE ADDRESSED WITH HIS BULLET CASINGS IN IT --- I MAILED IT YESTERDAY.
LOVE Y'ALL!!!

Georgia Girl said...

Okay, I'm so impressed you had NO checked luggage with a family of FOUR! WOW!!

Thanks for sharing the video...I can see what's clearly in my future. I think Caleb is a lot like Fletcher just a few years behind.

rg said...

Don't be too impressed. We didn't have to check carseats since my sister already had some for the boys. She has a washing machine too. I was determined to pack light for once in my life.

I knew these days (guns and target practice) were coming -- I just didn't realize they'd get here so soon!