Monday, March 29, 2010

Quite Possibly The Cutest Thing Ever!

That's called a balance bike or what some people call a run bike. Yes, Dad, I bought a bike with no pedals. I know. Sounds crazy. Supposedly they help a child learn to balance first making the transition to a "big kid" bike easier - sometimes without training wheels. I had heard about these bikes before, but when I looked into getting one, they were $100+. Cool or not, I wasn't going to pay $100 for a bike with no pedals.

However, on Saturday I happened to be in Target and walked down the tricycle aisle and here's this one for only $29.99. The video above is his first day riding it. I'd say he loves it because when he woke up Sunday morning, the first thing he said was, "I want to go outside and ride my bike."

We'll have to wait a few years and see if this does help with the transition to the big kid bike. In the meantime, I'll just watch him in all his cuteness! Sunday he started to get brave and lift his feet up going downhill and coast a little bit. Little daredevil!

1 comment:

Meagan N. said...

agreed! quite cute, and I think those balance bikes are awesome. I see kids on them all the time up here and can't wait for Kincaid to ride one. I think they would definitely help with balance.