Friday, October 2, 2009

A Family That Plays Together...

One of my Facebook friends recently posted a status update that said she was excited about seeing her college age daughter this weekend and playing "Family Pictionary." I just assumed that meant her family enjoyed playing Pictionary when they were together in the same way some families enjoy playing Trivial Pursuit or Monopoly or Rock Band.

But someone else commented on "Family Pictionary" and she explained what it really meant. The rules are similar to regular Pictionary - two teams, taking turns, etc. However, here is the twist: each team submits the names of ten or so family members that the other team has to draw. It can be any relative on either side of the family. She said it is the most hilarious thing in the world trying to guess which family member is being drawn.

We are so playing that at our next family gathering. I don't know about your family, but my family has plenty of a) people b) "interesting" people c) "interesting" people with odd names and d) "interesting" people with odd names who have a story. I am already thinking of relatives... You better hope you are on my team because we are going to win!

2 comments:

All Things Istre of Katy said...

That sounds like a few family members might get offended!

And... I would think you better be on my team if you really want to win! HAHA!

Meagan said...

Oh man, that could get pretty crazy in our family...fun idea!