Wednesday, October 14, 2009

At The Table

Luke and I are sitting at the table together eating lunch. Fletcher is at school. Kevin is at work. It is just the two of us.

Luke starts squirming in his chair, clutching his tray and making faces.

Mom: Luke, what are you doing? (Like I didn't already know)
Luke: I p00pin'.

At this point my mind wanders a bit. There would have been a time when I was younger that I would have been completely disgusted by the fact that someone was having a bowel movement at the dinner table in front of me. Gross. Who does that? But now it is such a common occurrence in parenting or should I say that it is a common occurrence in this house that I don't think much of it. I did think about the scene with Ruprecht from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels which I included at the bottom of this post for your viewing pleasure.

Luke: Mama? (He brings me back to reality from my wandering thoughts).
Mom: Yes?
Luke: (dead serious, but very proud face) It a big one.

Thanks for sharing, son. Glad to know you have already mastered the art of small talk at the lunch table. That will come in handy with your peers someday.

Oh and by the way, it was.

No comments: