Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bible Study

Throw up on the floor (twice). Blood on the couch. Spilled milk on the kitchen rug.

That was my Tuesday in a nutshell. The "offenders" were Sadie, Fletcher and Luke in that order.

I'm attending a Women's Bible Study at our church on Wednesday mornings. We are going through a book called The Power of a Positive Mom by Karol Ladd. The book is a good reminder to me about how easy it is to fall into a bad habit of focusing on the not-so-fun things of motherhood like those I mentioned plus laundry, sibling issues and disobedience. Some days I feel like all I've said is "No", "Don't", "Stop", "Listen", "Obey". Instead I really need to work on encouraging the good behavior I see in my children and being thankful that God chose me to be the mom of these wonderful little boys.

I think this study will be good for me. The infant to preschool years can be very difficult physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It is good to be in a room full of moms who know exactly how I'm feeling.

Maybe one of them can tell me how to get blood off the couch. . .

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I know I'm not a preschool mom or anything, but the best thing I've heard of for blood so far is peroxide. Plus it foams up when it hits blood, which is really cool.

; )