Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Girlfriends

Fletcher asked Kevin what Spiderman's girlfriend looked like. He has a little friend at preschool who knows everything about Spiderman. I showed him a picture of Kirsten Dunst online and he said indignantly, "That's not Spiderman's girlfriend." I guess he thought she would also be wearing some kind of costume??

Then we had this conversation --
Mom: Do you have a girlfriend?
Fletcher: Yeah, two, actually
Mom: TWO? You can't have two girlfriends! That is against the rules.

Kevin from the other room: We'll talk about that later, buddy. Daddy will explain how it works.

Mom: What are their names?
F: Olivia and um, uh, I can't remember the other one.
Mom: What? You can't even remember her name? That is not good.
F: Wait, Elizabeth. That's her name.

Mom: How does she know she is your girlfriend?
F: I told her she was pretty.

(Oh if it were only that easy.)

Kevin had walked in the room at this point.

Dad: But which one is the prettiest of all?
F: Mom is
Mom: Good answer, buddy.

Do they have all boy preschools?

1 comment:

Thom Trahan said...

Uncle Kevin's little comments are cracking me up. I would like to think that those are the types of things I will say to my child.