Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More wisdom and questions from the first born

The scene: Kevin brought home a delicious piece of chocolate cheesecake from work today. Fletcher and I were each eating some of it for dinner. Luke is in his high chair screaming for a bite so I give him one.

Fletcher in a "freaking out" voice: Mom! Don't give Luke chocolate.
Mom: It's ok buddy. He's not a dog.
Fletcher: Oh, well ok then.

--------
The scene: Monday night reading his Bible before bed. He has The Message Bible for Kids that has pictures in it along with the story.

Fletcher: Mom, the story of Noah is a little bit confusing to me.
Mom: Why is that?
Fletcher: Well, the Bible says that God sent male and female animals, two by two, clean and unclean.
Mom feeling proud because he's been paying attention to the details of the story: That's right, that's what the Bible says
Fletcher looking at the picture: Well, it doesn't make sense because none of these animals look dirty to me.

If anything, my boy is observant!

Did I mention we had bacon for dinner?

2 comments:

Donna said...

OH my word. I love the chocolate story - it made me laugh so hard. I'm dying to meet Fletcher.

Donna said...

p.s. Your menu planning isn't going so well? ;)