Thursday, July 31, 2008

Throwback Thursday



The date: July 31, 1980 - although he is obviously a little older in this picture
The place: Sulphur, Louisiana
The mood: I was elated. I was an aunt for the very first time at the ripe old age of 11. Since I'm the baby of my family, I didn't have any younger siblings so this was almost like having a baby brother.

This is my nephew Thom. I can't believe he is 28 years old today. He's married to his wonderful wife Katie and the executive director of a museum. How cool is that? I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. That blond hair and those big blue eyes made everyone fall in love with him. The first nephew. The first grandchild on our side of the family. My sister and brother-in-law live in the same town as my parents so I got to see him almost every day when he was little. He grew up being called Tommy, then somewhere along the way in college or maybe high school decided he wanted to be called Thom.


Happy Birthday, Thom. Aunt Rachel is as proud of you today as I was the very first day I laid eyes on you! Love you!

3 comments:

Thom Trahan said...

I can't believe I'm the focus of this week's Throwback Thursday! I feel like I'm a celebrity now or something!

Thanks!
--Thom

rg said...

Stick with me, kid. You'll go far. :-)
Aunt Rachel

Anonymous said...

Awwww..you're a great aunt.