Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's just a job

Jobs I have had in my lifetime - starting with the oldest

1. Whopper flopper at Burger King - this was my first "real" job besides babysitting. I worked with two of my best friends.

2. I worked at a tv station. It was supposed to be like an internship for school, but I still got paid - $5/hr in 1986 was alot of money.

3. Itza Pizza restaurant worker in college. I even knew how to flip the dough in the air.

4. Runner for an attorney in college - I did absolute no legal work (that sounds weird). All I did was return his movies, get his drycleaning, pick up his grocery list from his wife, etc. It worked out well until he wanted to set me up on a date with his son who was ten years older than me and already married.

5. Math tutor in college

6. Day care worker during the summers and holidays in college. I changed my major after two summers of taking care of 1 year olds.

7. High school math teacher in both public and private schools in Texas

8. Temp clerical worker during the summers because I didn't make enough money as a teacher

9. Instructor and later Operations Manager at a computer software training company - lots of fun travel and great friends at this job

10. Part time financial assistant at a church

11. Ministry assistant at an on campus ministry - loved this job and the students

12. College and young singles director at a church - loved this one too and still miss it.

13. Stay at home mom - the most challenging job yet, but the hugs and kisses and smiles are awesome!

How about you? What jobs have you had? I need to get Kevin to make a list. He has had a variable plethora of working experiences in his lifetime.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

So you asked about what jobs we all have had...

I've been a pseudo-nanny I suppose (say hi to Fletcher for me!) and other than that, a note-taker for FSU and an office grunt. Oh, and a chauffer (is that even close to being spelled right?) for two highschoolers. All paid positions, of course. Fun times!

(You really should get Kevin's list.)

Thom Trahan said...

This sounds fun, ok, I know it's like a week late, but let me try now (and I'll probably forget a few, so forgive me):

1. Broom pusher at a mini-storage (I got to wear my roller blades all day, and it was a pretty big facility, with concrete everywhere. awesome)

2. Retail: Radioshack, Blockbuster Video & Stage (worked for Katie's dad!) Retail is ok, you just have to be really nice all the time. Sometimes it can be draining, but most of the time, it was ok. I would say I have a sunny disposition anyway.

3. Hotel night auditor (stay up late, watch tv, other than having to deal with some of the seediest people ever (bosses and customers), it was a great job! Also, I met some REALLY interesting people there, people sleeping on the lobby couch, in the breakfast area, etc. I worked at this job between both hurricanes in LA.)

4. Warehouse hand... loaded up industrial customers with nuts & bolts mostly... LOTS of nuts and bolts.

5. Tech Support Consultant. My highest paying job until my most recent, and also my LEAST favorite. Tech support is terrible, it's having to listen to complaining people all day.

6. Museum Director. To date, my favorite job. I have a lot of freedom. I am basically my own boss when it comes to most issues, and I even have an assistant! Can't ask for a whole lot more than that!