Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Because All the Pretty Girls Live There

The shower curtain in the boys' bathroom is a world map. I figured they might as well get a bit of an education since one of them likes to have something to read while he is taking care of business.

The other day I was helping Fletcher in the bathroom when we had this conversation.
Fletcher: (pointing to Brazil on the shower curtain/map) Dad says all the pretty girls live in Brazil.
Mom: Oh, he did, did he?
Fletcher: Yeah, but he met you in Texas.
Mom: Gee, I can't wait until Dad gets home.

Later when Dad gets home --
Mom: Fletcher told me that you said all the pretty girls live in Brazil. Would you like to explain?
Dad: That is NOT what I said at all. He got it all wrong.
Mom: (very suspicious) Go ahead. I am waiting.

Apparently, in the bathroom Fletcher likes Kevin to point out where family members live on the map - Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Wisconsin, etc. Fletcher asked one day where Kevin met me. Dad showed him Texas. Fletcher randomly pointed to Brazil and said that he wanted to meet his wife there. Kevin told him, "I am sure alot of pretty girls live in Brazil." Fletcher translated that to mean that ALL the pretty girls live in Brazil.

That's their story and they're sticking to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you can say you lived there once!