Monday, June 7, 2010

TBall Wrap Up

They finished the season undefeated.

Well, I guess you can call it undefeated since they don't keep score at this age.

Fletcher is waiting for his turn to bat. There are lots of rules at this age like "players must remain seated if they are not batting or out on the field" and "players may not pick up a bat until a coach tells them to".
Here's his team getting ready to meet their opponents.

I wish I could market this idea. I bought one of those under the bed somewhat shallow plastic storage bins with a lid. We filled it with sand and sand toys and brought it to the games and practices. It was lightweight enough that I could carry it and it fit in the Pilot. Luke (and several friends) spent the majority of the games and practices playing in the sand. Even if the sand spills out (which it did), it doesn't hurt anything and I can always refill it. I cannot tell you how many moms came up to me and told me what a wonderful idea it was. It is still in our garage and Luke asks to play with it all the time. So we drag it out on the driveway and play. Much cheaper than a regular sand box and we don't have to worry about the sand getting wet or critters getting into it. So for those of you reading who have little ones, file this idea away somewhere the next time you need to entertain them.

I have some great videos of Fletcher hitting the ball, but Blogger is being difficult tonight so I will have to post them later this week.

No comments: