Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Star Of The Week

Fletcher came home Friday with a piece of blank poster board. His name was drawn out of the hat as the first "Star of the Week" so he needed to create a poster all about himself. But there were no instructions. I vaguely remember seeing the teacher's poster at the Open House but I was too busy keeping up with Luke to really read it. I asked, "Fletcher, are you sure your teacher didn't give you any piece of paper with directions?" He said she didn't. I So I emailed her and she sent the instructions. Thankfully, she also sent two picture examples - hers and a student from last year's class.

I had a difficult time not letting my OCD tendencies kick in and do the project for him. I do have lots of cute fonts, scrapbook paper, and crafty stuff. But I wanted him to do work too. The teacher did say parents could do the writing since most of these kids are just learning letters. As you can see we did a combo of both. He drew pictures of most of the items.
Just in case you can't read it - here's his list
Favorite book - The Boxcar Children
Favorite subject - science
Favorite Bible story - David and Goliath
Birthday - Dec 16
Favorite color - blue
Favorite food - tacos
I wish for a hunting gun
I want to be a policeman when I grow up
Favorite thing to do - play outside
Favorite place - Gatlinburg
We also included a picture of him, a family picture, a picture of him as a little guy, a picture of him playing outside and a picture of him in Gatlinburg.
It took awhile but I think he was proud of himself for writing all those words.

3 comments:

GranDee said...

LOOKS LIKE AN AWESOME POSTER.
YEAH FLETCH!
HAVE A GREAT WEEK.
WE LOVE YOU - AUNT DEE & UNCLE DEE.

All Things Istre of Katy said...

That's a great job Fletcher.

Monette said...

Great Job to both of you. It's going to be a great year :)
Love ya, Aunt Monette