Friday, September 18, 2009

AmEx Points

Today is our first field trip for Fletcher's school. Given the subject matter of the field trip, I'm sure I'll have at least a story or two for Monday's post. I'll let you wonder all weekend what kind of trip it was.

We've had some American Express points for quite some time now and we haven't been able to come up with a good use for them. I had been asking for a camera small enough to put in my purse. Don't get me wrong, I love Kevin's big fancy camera. He takes amazing pictures with it. But the key word is BIG. Too big to lug around when trying to keep up with kids. Our video camera is big too. I wanted something I could carry with me to capture those everyday moments with the boys. As a bonus, I've heard many of the compact digital cameras have video capability as well. Kevin did some research. Coupled with a 30% off special, we were able to use some of our AmEx points for this:
It's a Canon Powershot SD 980IS
I wish I could impress you with some fancy camera language. All I know is that it has a nifty touch screen and records video in HD. I don't think our craigslist TV has HD but now my videos on the blog will be top notch. I think. We'll see if anyone notices a difference. Let's just hope it is super user friendly because I don't have time to read a manual. I'm too busy going on field trips.




No comments: