Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm Back!

This past weekend I was asked to speak at our church's womens retreat.  Last week I spent a large majority of my time planning and preparing.  It's been almost 4 years since I've done any speaking like that.  I used to do it quite a bit when we lived in Florida and were involved in college ministry.  That's why my blog posts were a bit sporadic last week.  I think it went well and I may even post a brief synopsis sometime later this week. 

Kevin did great with the boys.  Fletcher had his flag football game Saturday morning.  Then Kevin had a venison party at lunch on Saturday since he knows I don't like venison.  It's not so much the taste for me as it is the mental image of me eating Bambi.  I know, it's crazy because I have no problems eating beef, poultry or pork.  Three dads and seven kids enjoyed venison burgers and steaks.  And (here's the impressive part) when I got home the kitchen was clean and all of the toys were put back in the right place.  Kevin said the house did look like it had been ransacked before the clean up process began.  But in typical dad fashion, they made a collective decision to just wait and clean up at the end.  The kids had fun playing with each other because toys are much more fun when they are at someone else's house, right? 

So there you have it.  I'm not dead; we didn't get struck by lightning again; I'm not changing my blog format to three day a week posts.  I just had too much on my brain. 

1 comment:

GranDee said...

THANK GOODNESS - I WAS GETTING A LITTLE WORRIED. MISSED MY SNICKLEFIX EVERY MORNING lol
HAVE A GREAT WEEK
LOVE YOU
d