Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In

Fletcher decided he wanted to try flag football this season. It's fun to watch him try different sports to see what he likes and what he doesn't like. Plus, he runs around alot which makes him tired which makes him sleep well at night which makes me happy. He is on the same team as several boys from his school and some former tball/basketball teammates so it is fun to see those families again.

He was very excited when he found out he was on the Saints flag football team. I was not as excited when they passed out black jerseys for their first game in the 92 degree heat. I thought the kids might pass out.
Team huddle. Fletcher is number 4.
This was their very first game. They did well, but the other team did much better. The other team had a little boy named Miracle (not his nickname) who could run really fast and scored several touchdowns (I don't think they technically keep score yet, but the parents and kids all know who did better). I remember their first basketball game and how crazy that was. By the end of the season I was amazed at their progress. I am sure it will be the same way for football.
Remember Fletcher is #4 in the video.


Can I get a "Who Dat!"?

1 comment:

GranDee said...

YAY FLETCH!!!
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
LOVE YOU
AUNT DEE