Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Beauty School Dropout

With two little boys, there are lots of things we don't really do around here like watch princess movies or have tea parties. I'm ok with that. However, I was lamenting the fact that we wouldn't be playing "beauty shop" like I did when I was a kid. I remember fixing my mom's hair and sometimes doing her makeup and going to slumber parties where we brushed each other's hair and painted nails. I love having my hair brushed. It is so very relaxing to me. But it is not something you can just ask anybody to do without feeling weird.

Last night after baths, Luke came in and told me he was going to give me a haircut. So he started playing with my hair and pretending to cut it. He was being super gentle and he kept saying, "you are going to look so good." I felt like I was on some Bravo tv show. Ha! He finished and said, "Now you look bootiful!" Well, Fletcher finished his bath and wanted to get in on the action so he got the hairbrush and started brushing my hair. He gave me a hand and foot massage too! I couldn't believe it! I guess we could call it "barber shop". I'd probably play that every day. I had to record it in the blog for posterity's sake so when they are in their teens I have proof that we did this.

The best part was when Kevin came in and Luke asked if he wanted a haircut too. Kevin was happy to play along although he has alot less hair to "cut." Luke went through the whole thing - putting on the cape, making him look down, using the "tickle machine" trimmers, and blowing off the hair on his back and neck. Best line of the night was when Luke finished and told Kevin, "Now you wook wike a pwincess!"

Wonder who he's been hanging out with at preschool.

No comments: