Thursday, February 18, 2010

Aim High, Son

In the car on the way to meet Kevin at a restaurant.

Somehow, Fletcher and I got on the subject of always doing your best at school. Then that got into the concept of progress reports and report cards. I tried to explain to him what they were and that in kindergarten you get letters like A, O, S, R and N for Almost Always, Often, Sometimes, Rarely and Never. These are for things like his behavior, and his attitude and his ability to listen. But then I explained that when he gets in 1st grade, report cards will be a check up of how he is doing in subjects like reading, math and science. Those grades are A, B, C, D, and F.

From the backseat in a very serious tone....

Wait for it....

You know by now it's coming...

Fletcher says,

"Mom, I am going to work really, really hard and do my very best to get all F's."


( Oh how I love that kid. To his credit, his name does start with F and on most occasions, we think F is a very cool letter. )

No comments: