Friday, September 2, 2011

Don't Be A Stick In The Mud

It was hot, hot, hot in Louisiana.  The kids could go out around 7 am and 7 pm.  Any other time I think they might have had a heat stroke (or I would have had one sitting outside watching them). 
So one day Uncle D decided to turn on the sprinklers to let them play. 
 Seemed like a good way to cool off until my texture boy (Luke) discovered that the sprinklers were making mud in addition to spraying water.
 Their cousin Bear wasn't too sure what to think.  Is this ok?  Am I going to get in trouble? 








 They did this the last evening we were there.  Both boys said it was their favorite thing they did on the trip.  That and the coffee milk Aunt Dee made them in the mornings.  My mawmaw used to give me coffee milk too (mostly milk, a little sugar and a shot of coffee). 

 This is sweet baby Alice.  Remember she was born the last time we visited Louisiana in December.


 And this cutie patootie is Evie (Bear's little sister).  We had lots of fun painting our toenails and trying on my jewelry.  I could just eat her up!  She was a trooper keeping up with all the boys!

Fletcher and Luke with MawMaw and PawPaw.  Luke's "smile" just kills me.

 Cousins...actually second cousins.  Bear and Evie are my sister's grandkids.  I'd draw a family tree, but I'm too tired.

We stayed with Uncle D and Aunt Dee (and their whiney dog Tucker).  So much fun! We hope to get back soon. 



No comments: