Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Roomies!

While I was in Louisiana, I was able to go see my college roommate. I realized while I was at her house visiting with her that 25 years ago (almost to the day I saw her) we were moving into our dorm room at Cottingham Hall at Louisiana College.  Hard to believe it has been that long ago.  Also hard to believe how much stuff we tried to cram into that teeny tiny dorm room.  We have so many great memories of college - everything from late night study sessions to mission trips to boyfriend woes.  There's something to be said for someone who knows you well - your family, your quirks, your moods - and puts up with you anyway!  It has been about 10 years since we've seen each other.  The last time was right after Sept 11 at a college reunion.  I can remember staying up late talking about how we would still be friends when we were "old" and married with kids.  We still keep in touch via email because she refuses to do Facebook. :)  She was (and still is) such a blessing to me in my college years.  She is a preacher's kid and can play the piano and sing beautifully.  I miss hearing her sing, but I know she sings a good bit at her church in Louisiana. 

I'll say this again like I said on Facebook when I posted these pictures, in our defense we were at a Baptist college. And the higher the hair, the closer to God...  Now I know what happened to the ozone layer. 



No comments: