Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Budding Artist

This is what I noticed yesterday morning when I walked into the kitchen:


Clean lines, broad strokes. What it lacks in color, it makes up for in style. 

I normally ask my children to "tell me about your picture" when they draw something so I can encourage their artistic abilities.  However, I thought it best to skip straight to the "We don't draw on walls; we draw on paper" lecture.  I opted to leave out the "walls are not easels and canvases" portion of the lecture.

I'm not sure when it happened.  I'm pretty sure I know who might have done it (see yesterday's post).  We make it a point to keep the scissors, crayons, markers, and pencils put away in the cabinet.  Someone has figured out where that cabinet is located and how to push the barstool up to the counter to climb up and reach the stuff inside the cabinet. 

At this rate I might never get to shower or go to the bathroom again. 

If you need me, I'll be the unkempt smelly mom wearing Depends. 

On a serious note:  our sweet friend Tucker (age 6 1/2) had to go back to the hospital and have emergency surgery again yesterday.  What they thought was a nasty stomach virus turned into something much worse.  There was a kink in his intestines (doctor said like a "cheap garden hose") and it was causing a blockage.  The doc thinks it was definitely related to his surgery back in December.  About 5 % of people who have had abdominal surgery have bowel obstructions post op.  The doc had to remove the dead tissue at the kink portion and reconnect him.  They also took out his appendix to keep from having to do that anytime in the future.  I suppose if  they are already poking around in there they might as well.  He will be in the hospital for about a week and then recovering at home for a few more weeks.  Please pray for no infections and no complications.  Also pray for much needed rest for Grant and Teresa (mom & dad) and Tucker.  They are all worn out. 

1 comment:

Georgia Girl said...

I never knew Kevin was so talented! I found Maddy using the opposite end of my makeup brush (NOT the brush part with makeup) writing on our walls. It wrote just like a pencil - go figure!