Friday, August 28, 2009

This Could Be A Long Year

Well, we met Fletcher's new kindergarten teacher yesterday. She is very nice and I can just tell that she is one of those teachers who really loves children and loves teaching. Her room is filled with cool stuff - maps, a real snake skin, an African drum, tons of books, etc. Their theme this year is "Around the World" where they will learn about God's creation while they learn all the basic stuff too.

His teacher had a little form that she was filling out for each student to get to know them a little more. I was trying to keep Luke occupied and keep him from messing up her room. I didn't hear their entire conversation. However, here is a brief excerpt of what I did hear.

Mrs. D: How old are you Fletcher?
Fletcher: Five
Mrs. D: That is very exciting to be five.
F: My mom started kindergarten when she was really young.
Mrs. D: Really?
F: She's older than my dad.
Mrs. D: (not sure what to say)
F: You know they didn't even HAVE preschools that long ago when she started school!!!

Well, Mrs. D, if you stick around long enough, I am sure Fletcher will tell you our entire life story!

On another note, Fletcher has invented a new game. There's a book called Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. In the story there are no grocery stores. Food falls from the sky. Different things for each meal - pancakes at breakfast with orange juice rain, mashed potatoes, etc. You see where this is headed. Fletcher and Luke take the food from their play kitchen and throw it up in the air and try to catch it on their little plates (also from their play kitchen). I really should stop them, but I suppose it is helping with their hand-eye coordination. This book is also coming out as a movie. Fletcher can't wait.

1 comment:

Georgia Girl said...

Thanks for clearing that up for me...I saw the movie preview last night and couldn't figure out why there was giant food every where. I was thinking...who would want to watch that?!?!!