Thursday, October 27, 2011

Breathe On Me

I had a flashback in church on Sunday morning.

We sang the hymn "Breathe On Me" during the service.  Fletcher was standing right next to me.  I was wearing a knitted sweater.  Suddenly, I felt some warmth near my side through my sweater.  I looked down and Fletcher has his entire face in my side.  I whispered as I pulled him away, "What are you doing?"  He giggled and said, "Breathing on you." 

I was immediately transported back to the church I grew up in.  It was easy to get distracted in church any time my older brother David stood or sat next to me.  When we would sing that same song (which seemed like every other week), he would blow on me.  Drove me nuts.  He tried to be very discrete when he did it so mom didn't see.  But I could feel it (and smell it - it always smelled like wintergreen Life Savers because mom would give us those in church to keep us quiet).  I would tell him to stop and he would keep doing it.  Then I would get in trouble.  It was a vicious cycle. 

Luke doesn't come in "big church" with us yet.  I'm sure Fletcher can hardly wait. 

No comments: