Monday, March 5, 2012

A Little Crazy

Well hello there, Snickelfritz Lane a.k.a "poor little neglected blog."

I know. It seems we haven't spoken in weeks. 

I'm not mad at you.  You have just dropped very low on my priority to do list.

Why?

Well, there's been this little thing called Luke's ear infection, a visit from Grandma and Papa Charlie, a Spelling Bee at Fletcher's school, and just life in general.

Oh and one more thing....

We found out last week that we are moving.  Kevin got a promotion at work.  He is now "Vice President of Operations."  I keep telling him I will make him a cool name tag with his new title to wear to work, but he's not taking the bait.  When I call him at work, I ask him why he doesn't say, "Kevin ______, Vice President.  How many I help you?"  He was not amused.  But I am very, very proud of him and his accomplishments.  His company knows a good thing when they see it.

Anyway,  we won't move until after Fletcher finishes school.  So probably early June.  We have a very sweet, very qualified lady in our church who happens to be an awesome real estate agent and she is going to help us put our house on the market.  We spent a large part of Saturday and Sunday decluttering and packing up nonessentials to put in a storage unit so our house looks ROOMY and SPACIOUS and UNCLUTTERED.  Just like you see on those HGTV shows.  However, I don't think any of those people on those shows have two little boys with 19,348 Legos and several or 23 "big machines" filling up our playroom that used to be a dining room. Oh, and I'm pretty sure the HGTV people don't have a dog that sheds so much hair we have dog hair tumbleweeds rolling down our hallways the day after everything has been vaccuumed.  So we could use your prayers that our house will sell quickly in spite of our severe shortcomings in the tidiness department. 

We did tell the boys. They seem to be doing ok with it.  Fletcher goes back and forth from thinking it will be a fun adventure to knowing that he is really going to miss his friends and his school and his church.  Luke is just glad we are taking him with us. 

So over the next few weeks and months, I'll try not to neglect you too much, Snickelfritz Lane.  You get to come to our new (rental) house too.  As long as you don't play with Legos and don't shed. 

P.S.  I think there is a way to sign up for updates so that when I do put up a new post, it notifies you in your email.  I just don't know how to do it.  Maybe you have to "follow me" which sounds a little creepy and stalkerish.  Does anyone know?  Anyone?  Bueller?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm still so sad!! :(
As far as the email updates...I think if you go to "design" on your blogger home page and click on "gadgets" there should be an email sign up "thingy" that you can add to the sidebar...hope that makes sense!