Monday, March 28, 2011

Rocky's Last Name

Luke's stuffed dog is named Rocky. 

He is named after a real dog that I had growing up (named Rocky).  I bought my Rocky at my neighbor's garage sale for 50 cents at the end of the day half price clearance sale.  Best purchase ever! 

Well, Grandma bought Rocky for Luke.  And Luke loves him some Rocky.  Sleeps with him every night.  Drags him around the house.  Talks to him. Sings with him. Sniffs his tail while he sucks his thumb.  Rocky's tail, Luke's thumb.  Just in case you were confused.

Stay with me now because things are going to get a little complicated.  Enter the Seeds Family Worship CDs.  I've probably mentioned them on this blog several or eight times.  We love listening to them in the car.  They are upbeat and fun and help my kids (and mom and dad) learn scripture. 

One of the songs is based on Isaiah 26:3-4 which says
"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.
Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal. "
The song repeats "Rock Eternal, Rock Eternal, Rock Eternal"  several times throughout the song.  We've listened to this song several times recently.  They especially like this particular cd. 

Now fast forward to the other day after breakfast...

Luke:  Mom, do you know Rocky has a last name?
Mom:  (I have no idea where he comes up with this stuff. My best guess is that he is going to say our last name)  Really?  Rocky has a last name?  What is it? 
Luke:  Ternal.   His name is Rocky Ternal. 

Go ahead.  Say it outloud several times and go back and look at the verse.  I'll wait for you.  Of course Rocky's last name is Ternal.  What else could it possibly be in the mind of this very literal three year old?!

I love that boy!

To get the full effect, go to this link:  http://www.seedsfamilyworship.net/listen-online/
Choose "Seeds of Praise (Vol. 3)" from the drop down arrow.
Play Track 5 "The Rock Eternal"