Monday, December 6, 2010

Something Christmas-y

Our neighbors are making us look bad.  Many of them put up exterior Christmas lights right after Thanksgiving.  We are surrounded by festive lights.  Kinda made our house look like the dark "Bah Humbug" house on the street.  Fletcher asked if we could put up lights too.

I told him that Daddy was in charge of any and all exterior lighting.  Kevin is not much on decorating for Christmas.  I think it isn't the decorating part, it's the "where to store everything the other 11 months of the year" part that he doesn't like. 

But I think he is coming around. 

On Saturday he took the boys to Lowe's.  His words to me as he left were, "We are headed to Lowe's to find something Christmas-y."

I'm not gonna lie. I was a little scared.  I've seen the Christmas-y things they have at Lowe's. 

They returned. They were successful.  I've never seen two little boys more excited about a purchase. 

So now this resides in our front yard:
 No, your eyes aren't deceiving you.  That is Santa...
 On a rocket ship....
With two penguin passengers. 

Apparently Santa is used to the thin air in space and does not need a space helmet. 

No comments: