Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fill 'Er Up


I'm not sure how this whole thing started, but I love it.

Our bedtime routine with the boys is pretty standard:  baths, teeth brushed, Bible time, prayers, tucking in bed, hugs and kisses, music on, and lights out. 

When I lean down to hug and kiss Luke, he says, "Let me see your Love Tank." 
I open my mouth for him to see (like I said, not sure where this game came from). 
He says, "Nope, not filled up."  Then he starts giving me numerous hugs and kisses to fill up my Love Tank.
He asks to see again and says, "Yep.  All filled up now."
Then I say to him, "Let me see your Love Tank." 
He opens his mouth as wide as he can and I say, "Nope.  Not filled up.  You need 7 more kisses and 4 more hugs."  And he giggles as I count them out. 
I look inside his Love Tank again and tell him, "One more big hug to fill it to the tippy tippy top."

We both go to sleep with a full tank!  Of course, we have to do it again the next night because Love Tanks leak during the day! 

So the next time someone around you is feeling grumpy, ask to see their Love Tank.  They may just need a fill up from you!

No comments: