Monday, June 27, 2011

Yu,Yu, Yu, Yu Yes to Vu, Vu, Vu VBS!

Here are a few more pictures from our week at VBS.  I took the taxi pics on my cell phone so they are kinda blurry. 
 Fletcher's friends Tucker and Noah came with us every night.  They had such a great time. 




The boys really loved the music.  I downloaded the songs from iTunes and made a CD for us to listen to.  I'll have to see if I can get them to sing a few and put them on video. 

Of course, they loved the food too.  Our church does it a little differently in that they do VBS at night and everyone gets snacks at the end as opposed to getting snacks during class.  But Luke's class gets a snack IN class and afterwards too.  AND they got a piece of candy if they said their verse for each night.  Luke was loving life especially since Kevin would go get him and let him go through the line and pick out what he wanted to eat before I got down there.  Two cookies?  Sure.  Brownie too?  No problem.  Oh look, there's a sprinkle cookie.  Yum.  Needless to say, they were on a sugar high all week.  I hope they remember the spiritual truths they learned this week.  I'm sure they will remember that they got to eat whatever they wanted for 5 nights in a row. 

Yesterday after regular Sunday School and church, Luke wanted to go in the "big room" (Fellowship Hall) for more desserts.  He didn't quite understand that this free-for-all dessert thing only happens once a year.

No comments: