Friday, February 4, 2011

I Big Red Puffy Heart Craigslist

I mentioned a few weeks ago when I posted the trampoline video that we were essentially turning the dining room into a playroom for the boys.  I thought I would just take the leaf out and make our dining room table into a smaller circle and leave it in there.  But the more I thought about it, I didn't think it would work.  It took up too much space.  Plus, a certain older brother likes to play with his legos on the table and a certain younger brother likes to knock them on the floor because they are just at his eye level.  You can imagine how much frustration this causes the older brother. 

So I started looking for a possible solution on craigslist not sure what I was really looking for. 

Then I found it. 

This lady was selling her solid wood (pine, I think) counter height desk, cart and extremely heavy stool. Because it is rectangular, it can go against the wall.  It looks nice on all sides so it could also float in the middle of the room.  Because it is counter height, Fletcher can play with his legos a little higher up where a certain someone might not mess with them as much.  Because it has an overhang on both sides, the boys will both eventually be able to sit and do homework there later on down the road.  We can put puzzles in the drawers, baskets on the shelf and park some of Luke's big machines underneath it.  It is also small enough to fit in Fletcher's room if we ever decide to turn the room back into a dining room. 

The best part?  It was only $500 for everything and it is in excellent condition.  She said she paid over $1800 for it from Pottery Barn. 

We still have some work to do in that room -- maybe a rug and some pictures on the walls.   I'll post pictures when we get it finished. 







1 comment:

Georgia Girl said...

Isn't Craigslist the BEST!! I love your new furniture. We just purchased a swingset that would have originally cost 1800 for only 300!! Excellent condition and our cat loves it. Wait a minute - I think it was for the kids! Haha!