Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Laughs from Luke

Just a few funny things Luke has said over the last few months:


Luke: "Mom! That lady is about to lay a baby." Thankfully the very pregnant lady didn't hear him. We did discuss "laying an egg" vs. "having a baby."


Luke started school on a Wednesday. Fletcher started one day before on Tuesday. At home during lunch, Luke said his blessing and prayed: Dear God, please make Fletcher not be mean to his new friends today at school and that he won't bite anyone. Oh, and help his lunch taste good. Amen.

And here is the most recent exchange from last week.  I'm still processing this one.

Luke (age 5): I kissed T on the playground today....a LOT of times.
Me (trying to maintain parental poker face): Oh...What did she say?
Luke: I don't remember. 
Me: What did her mom say? (Her mom is the teacher of the class)
Luke: I don't remember.
Me: Well, her mom and dad probably don't want you kissing on their little girl. You should wait until you are married. For now, you can save your kisses for mommy and grandmas and aunts. 
Luke: Well, I tried to kiss G too, but she ran away.

We are in so much trouble.  I knew I would have to deal with this eventually because he is a cutie pie, but I thought I had a few years...





No comments: