Monday, January 30, 2012

A Boy and His Dog

When we did the photo shoot before Christmas, I brought Rocky along hidden in my bag. Ordinarily, Rocky is not allowed to leave the house unless we are going on vacation. Early on, we decided to make that a rule so that we wouldn't accidentally lose her (yes, Luke says Rocky is a girl) at school or at the grocery store or at church. We do have a duplicate Rocky that we rotate with the original Rocky (That's so the wear patterns are the same. Yes, it works. No, Luke still doesn't realize there are two identical Rockys. I highly recommend buying at least two if your child happens to gets attached to a particular lovey).

Back to the story.

Because Rocky is such a huge part of Luke's childhood, I wanted to make sure I had some pictures of them together so I could remember.   I've seen Toy Story 1, 2, and 3.  I know kids grow up and their loveys get shoved under a bed or in a closet (cue the soundtrack for "When She Loved Me"). 

These pictures are so very precious to me. In the one where his mouth is by her ear, I told him to tell Rocky what the photographer was doing. He was very seriously whispering to her. Not sure what he said, but Rocky looks a little nervous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have pictures of the boys with their favorites, also, for the same reasons. We also don't leave the house with "Turtle" (Dan's) because we don't have a back up. We got it at Seaworld and had no idea Turtle would turn out to be so valuable!